Thursday, March 12, 2009

What the Experts Say

James F. Hodgson in his book on sexual violence: "Megan's Law is "feel-good legislation" that has led to harmful conditions rather than the betterment or safety of society."

One-time offender, convicted of statutory rape for having consensual sex with 14 year old girlfriend: "What really bothers me is that years from now, I'll still have to worry about soemthign I did at age 19."

Ernie Allen, president and CEO of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: "Offenders need to have somewhere to live...we can't zone them out everywhereusing the not-in-my-backyard approach."

Bernard James, law professor a Pepperdine University in Malibu, California about educators and PTA's that give out information on offenders: "People who provide the information are not doing anything illegal, but whether it's wise to do so is another question."

Mark Ondris, a Megan's Law prosecutor: "Megan's Law is essentially a school notification law."

Recently released child molester: "No external factor is going to keep me from reoffending--not the program, not my wife, not God. Only me."

No comments:

Post a Comment